I have been working away on this budget quilt. I repurposed all the fabric for the quilt blocks from men’s button up dress shirts. It is pretty amazing how much fabric you can get from breaking down clothing!
I designed this quilt top around just two different block patterns. Is anyone else in love with Buffalo Plaid?
You can find the detailed pattern I created HERE.
I completed all of the blocks for the quilt top today! For my quilt I made 30 blocks in total. There are 15 blocks of each design. So, now all I need to do is square up all the blocks and sew the rows together!
I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I wish the orange and green blocks were a little more muted, but I don’t think I will switch them out for different blocks. I think I like the pop of color!
I might have a hard time figuring out what thread I am going to use to actually quilt this one with. At first I was thinking blue… but I don’t want to draw even more attention to the orange and green blocks.
After this virus finally disappears I really need to gather the supplies to make a design wall. It is really hard getting a picture of my quilt tops all laid out!
I will take some more photos when I get the top all sewn together!
Bye for now.